Department: Engineering Services Division
Reporting to: Metallurgical Testing Services Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified trainee metallurgist/materials scientist to become part of a busy Materials Testing Laboratory. The company is currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual with a strong team working ethic to join a close-knit team.
Minton, Treharne & Davies Ltd. has a rich history that spans over 100 years. The company specialises in consultancy, surveying, and testing services to a worldwide client base from our offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Asia, and Australia.
Your Skills & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant engineering/science-related subject (minimum 2.2).
- Non-graduate candidates with relevant metallurgical experience will be considered.
- GCSE English at a minimum grade C and good communication skills.
- Candidates should be competent in computing (Microsoft Office).
- A full driving licence is required.
The position is based at the Cardiff laboratory complex of Minton, Treharne and Davies Ltd.
The laboratory undertakes a diverse and interesting variety of work, encompassing all fields of metallurgy, materials science, in-depth failure investigation, and evaluation of a variety of materials, components, and structures including validation studies, routine testing and analysis to a wide range of industries. We work with manufacturers in the research and development of new products, the improvement and quality control of existing products, and investigate problems in their production and end use.
Dependent on experience
M-F 37.5 hr week – 08.00 – 16.30
Application by CV and covering letter to Adrian Clements, Metallurgical Services Manager at Adrian.Clements@minton.co.uk