Job purpose: We are looking for an HR Officer to cover a period of maternity leave for 12 months. This is a standalone role and requires the successful candidate to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes to ensure fair treatment, best practice and legal compliance.
You will need a proactive approach to problem-solving and will support employee’s, company directors and department heads with any employee relations issues and other HR matters.
- Act as the first point of contact for directors, managers, and employees providing support and guidance in all HR matters.
- Oversee and coordinate the recruitment process
- Attend and carry out all Employee Relations cases including sickness meetings, disciplinary and grievances
- To be responsible for day-to-day HR administration including but not limited to database and personnel file management, issuing contract and offer letters, varied employee letters etc.
- Delivering the HR induction and onboarding process to new starters
- Coach managers in the effective use of policy and procedures
- Review and update current staff records
- Ensure new starter information is collated and contracts are written and issued
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures where appropriate
- Ensure the Staff Handbook is up to date, legally compliant, and available to employees
- Manage, store and maintain ‘personal data’ and ‘sensitive personal data’ in accordance with Data Protection and GDPR.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have previous experience working within HR
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external
- Team player with a flexible ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- Must be organised, hardworking, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- The ability to multitask own workload
- Proficient in Microsoft office
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medi Cash Scheme
- 26 days annual leave
If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com, sending a CV and requesting an application form.