Job Title: Trainee Technician – Food
Department: Analytical Services Division
Salary: Dependent on experience
Position: 3 year contract (M – F, 37½ hrs/week)
What are we offering?
We are offering the right candidate, the opportunity to become part of our Laboratory Technician trainee apprentice programme. As part of the programme, you will receive certification for the various aspects of the job training.
The trainee programme will gain you first-hand experience and knowledge in the following:
- Laboratory Health & Safety measures including Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Sample preparation including contamination preventive measures
- Wet chemistry skills including use of analytical precision balances, titrations & gravimetry
- Technician skills including good laboratory practice, chemical & consumable stock control & reagent preparation
- Use of a Laboratory Information Management System database
- Understanding of quality management and the essential role of quality assurance & quality control aspects in the activities of a laboratory
- Development of interpersonal skills including time management, steadiness in a stressful situation & team working
covering all of the different testing fields of food, water, environmental, consumer products & environmental.
Upon successful completion of the programme, an opportunity of full-time employment as a laboratory technician at MTD could be a possibility subject to business demands at the time.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with great communication skills and a high level of integrity, reliability and maturity. Ideally you will have completed your A Levels or equivalent Vocational Qualifications, have IT skills and have GCSE’s in Maths, English and Science.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in the trainee programme, please apply with a Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter governing the following:
- What attributes make you an optimal person to be considered for this position
- What your visions are for a future career
- What qualities you could bring to the company
- Why you would like to join the MTD company
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com.
Job Descriptions/Specifications available on request.